About the job
Are you looking for a role as a Security Analyst working with high profile customers in detecting and responding to threats then this is the place for you.
In this role you will be working with both junior and senior candidates in our 24x7 Security Operations Center. We are looking for both junior and senior candidates for this role.
To excel in your job we are looking for candidates that has experience for the senior role but also juniors that may have less experience, has prior education or competence that may be of value for us. Working at Sciber is extremely fun, we teach each other and help each other on a daily basis. You will be given a lot of career opportunities to grow and expand and we see all 24x7 candidates as someone that eventually will take on other roles working day time in our SOC as an incident responder or taking on a consultant role as an advisor to our customers.
In your daily job you will be handling incidents originating from customer environments and the role will be very hands on focusing on bespoke large customers where we can make a difference and deliver value.
As previously stated we are looking for both junior and senior roles so think of the list below as something we are looking for in a candidate but not strong requirements for all candidates.
- You have the eager to learn, you wake up each day and want to contribute to the team and you want to learn from everyone
- Passion for cyber security - You have a strong cyber security interest and you are willing to help others succeed in their roles. You study on your free time and you bring knowledge you have gathered to others
In our seniors roles, apart from what we have mentioned in the junior role, we expect individuals to:
- Act as a great mentor and teaching people is great; you want to pass on what you know (think of Obi-Wan or Yoda).
For all roles we require the following
- You thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- A problem is not a problem, is it a challenge.
- You are eager to get up to speed on what everyone is doing and what goes on in the company.
- How we did things five years ago does not mean we should not question it.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Positive attitude and adaptability
- Creativity and innovation
For all candidates we look for the following competence
- Experience with incident response or working in a SOC
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Networks and the overall OSI model
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Knowledge or experience with EDR, SIEM, SOAR etc
- Microsoft ecosystem competence, certifications or experience is valued
Certifications that we value and look for:
- Microsoft certifications such as SC-100, SC-200.
- Security+, CySA+, CISSP
- GREM or other SANS educations and certifications
Certifications are great but not required, neither is a cyber security university degree, however it can greatly help you in your daily work. What matters most is your eagerness to learn, assist others, and that we are successful as a team.